The Centronics connector

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Sun Jan 27 21:32:35 CST 2008

John Honniball wrote:

> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> >
> >>Is there a generic name for that type of connector?
> >
> > "Amphenol Blue Ribbon"
>
> I thought it was "Amphenol 57 Series".

I suspect "Blue-Ribbon" may be the name of the original larger style, and
"Micro-Ribbon" is the name of the smaller style more popular now-a-days.

If that's correct, the plug-in input modules for 60's-era tube Tekky scopes
(for example) used a Blue-Ribbon connector, while the Centronics connector is a
Micro-Ribbon connector. Going fom the Amphenol web-site, 57 series appears to be
either a synonym for the Micro-Ribbon series or a subset of the Micro-Ribbon series.