"CP/M compatible" vs. "MS-DOS Compatible" machines?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 17:04:55 CST 2008

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> > Personally, I'm surprised the light pen interface wasn't used for
> > more things.
>
> I think that the light pen was killed by having such a long persistence
> phosphor.

IIRC, while the MDA card had a light pen connector, it was never really
documented or supported by IBM, due to the fact that light pens didn't
work properly with the very long persisnence phosphor of the 5151
monitor. The CGA card's light pen connector was docuemtned, though
(although I have never seen a light pen designed to work with it