Cool IBM System/34 -- was: Cool 1983 IBM System/36 system needs a home!

Charles H Dickman chd_1 at nktelco.net
Wed Jul 30 17:10:07 CDT 2008

David Greelish wrote:
> He has a unit 5360, with a 5224 line printer, and two 5291 terminals.
I have a 5340, 5225, and three 5291 in my garage. It has been a couple
of years since I powered it up. I don't know much about it other than
reading the technical manuals.

Is there any development software available for this machine? All I have
seen is accounting applications and report generators. Are there any
assemblers or tools for developing system software? The research I did
in the past says that there weren't any.

Whats the simplest (cheapest) way to get 5250 terminal emulation on a PC?

-chuck