9-track BOT/EOT markers?

Josh Dersch derschjo at msu.edu
Sat Jun 14 00:32:12 CDT 2008

Hey all --

Got myself an HP 7980S 9-track drive (always wanted a 9-track drive...)
and accidentally mangled my one and only 9-track tape just after the BOT
marker (not sure what caused it, maybe the drive needs a bit of
adjustment...).  So I have two questions:  Where can I find a reasonable
replacement for the marker, and where does it go?  I see the sense foil
on the part of the tape that got mangled, but I don't know what side of
the tape it was originally on...

Thanks!
Josh

P.S. The magical tape autoloading thing this drive does is the coolest
thing I've seen in a long time :).