Daystar Universal PowerCache & SE/30...

Jeff Walther trag at io.com
Mon Jun 23 20:22:23 CDT 2008

>Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre at floodgap.com>

>>  The Daystar SE/30 adapter has a Programmable Logic Device on board
>>  which massages the connections.    The PowerCache will not work
>>  plugged in directly.
>
>Wouldn't a IIsi adaptor work? IIRC the SE/30 PDS slot and IIsi PDS slot
>are electrically compatible (but don't take my word for it).

Hi Cameron.  Good to see you around.

Yes, the IIsi adapter will work, except, it will point it's expansion
slot horizontally where there isn't room for a card.   So one needs
to use an extra Euro-Din connector of the right-angle type to adapt
it to vertical.   No soldering is required, as the pins of the
connector will fit nicely in the IIsi adapter's connector's holes.
This is explained in clearer detail on Gamba's site.

Jeff Walther