IBM 129 manual

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri May 9 16:33:32 CDT 2008

Paul Heller wrote:

> I just got my hands on an old IBM 129 keypunch. It seems to power on,
> but I have no idea how to operate or test it. Anyone know there there
> might be a manual? I tried all the usual sources (bitsavers, etc) with
> no luck. I found some old keypunch manuals, but not for this
> particular model.

I have a small user manual for the 029 (predecessor to the 129) from the
university computing centre from my keypunch days. It's not an IBM manual,
but it covers basic ops, the front panel switches, and details of the
"program unit/drum" control card, if of any help.

(Did you get lots of blank cards with it?)

A google search turns up an outfit still (apparently) providing maintenance
contracts for unit-record equipment (?!):
  http://web.wt.net/~key129/