Is this the smallest PDP-11 compatible?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue May 13 12:33:42 CDT 2008

Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 22:13:59 +0100 (BST)
From: Tony Duell

> Actually, I htink there's a smaller one. DIdn't at least one of the
> Soviet handheld computers (Elektronika MK85 or some such) have a
> PDP11-compatible CPU chip inside?

Yeah, I missed his classifying the handhelds under "calculators"
(he's got a great collection of calculators also).  The wallet-sized
MK-87 uses the same PDP-11 clone chip.

BTW, the owner of the site has a great little project he worked out--
a terminal consisting of nothing more than an ATMega16 uC and RS232
level translators to produce a composite video signal (PAL) driving a
32x29 character display.  Very clever:

http://rk86.com/frolov/vi_frs.htm

Includes source code and schematic.

Text is in Russian, but is quite readable translated by Google
language tools.

Cheers,
Chuck