Wanted: DEC VT-180 "Robin" Corvus interface + software

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Tue May 27 14:55:54 CDT 2008

--------Original Message:

Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 07:46:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted: DEC VT-180 "Robin" Corvus interface + software

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Richard wrote:

> I have a VT-180, but I have no idea what a "Corvus interface" is, so
> I'll ask the obvious question.  What is it?

Corvus made a family of external hard drives using a common bus interface
(quasi-network, actually).  There was an interface board produced for the
DEC VT-180 that, along with the driver software, permitted it to use files
on attached drives.

I have never seen one, but presume it's a small internal add-on (possibly
piggy-back style) circuit board or a little external box.  It would be
labeled 'Corvus' or 'Corvus Systems, Inc.'

Steve
--
I have an external Corvus drive enclosure (the small MFM version, not the