PDP-8/e and terminals in West Sussex, UK

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Nov 5 22:35:39 CST 2008

On Wednesday 05 November 2008, Tony Duell wrote:
> What do people consider to be the 'holy grails' of classic computer
> collecting?
>
> That is, what machines are :
>
> a) Not known not to exist any more -- so we exclude things like ENIAC
> where there's aboslutely no chance of finding an original
>
> b) Sufficiently uncommon to be a 'real find'

Would something like a Purdue Dual VAX count?  VAX-11/780s are known to
exist, and not exceedingly uncommon, but I'd be surprised to find an
intact dual-VAX setup, though I hope to put one together some day..

In any case, I think that most machines from the 1950s or early 1960s
(that weren't 1-offs) would fall into this category.

Pat