Introduction to Programming the PDP-8

Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Nov 20 03:11:44 CST 2008

Lance Lyon wrote:
> I've listed this book on eBay, someone on the list may be interested
> (it's way outta line for my Commodore collecting :) )
>
> Written in 1973 by DEC
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110313070356

I've got a copy of that, which came from Craigmount Secondary School in
Edinburgh.  Found by my Mum in a second-hand bookshop in the Grassmarket
- "Oh, I spotted *this* and thought you might be interested, is it any
good?"  Yes, it is...

Good enough, in fact, for me to write a fairly reasonable PDP8 emulator
that, while not quite cycle-accurate, ran ODT and and the 4K Disk System
reasonably well.

I must resurrect it, some time.

Gordon