Hard disk material

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 12:44:46 CST 2008

wild guess - the binder is some sort of expensive epoxy material.

How are you going to apply the rust? With a airbrush? You'll need some sort of mechanism to insure it gets applied evenly (i.e uniform thickness), no? You'll also need something similar to apply the *epoxy* - that would have to go on uniformly also. The distance between the read head and the platter is measured in microns, no?

there was a discussion on homemade cleanrooms a while back. Has anyone successfully built and implemented one?