Seeking Proteon P4100+ router manuals

Steven M Jones classiccmp at crash.com
Mon Nov 24 13:32:00 CST 2008

Dave Mitton wrote:

> (my memory is fuzzy on that now.)  God I'd love to see what happened to
 > the customers that swore that token ring was so superior to Ethernet
 > that it was going to rule their networks going forward.

Well, when I interviewed with Bank of America in 2004 I did so in their
Concord Tech Center in Concord, California. At the end, as I was walked
out to the elevators to leave, my escort let slip that they had only
just a few months earlier switched the desktop networking on that floor
over to Ethernet.

I nearly walked simply because they were using Token Ring after the year
2000...

--S.