Flat screen for monochrome Sun output?

silvercreekvalley silvercreekvalley at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 02:34:56 CST 2008

I've been trying (unsucessfully) to get various flat screen
monitors to display the output from a sun monochrome frame
buffer. This is proving tricky.

The monochrome fb outputs 1152x900 if I recall correctly and
its proving difficult to get any monitor to sync to this. Note
the output is analogue not the older ECL (?) type display.

Old CRT multi-sync monitors that sync on green handle this
OK.

Can anyone recommend a modern flat screen that will work with
this kind of framebuffer?

I do have various video processing units that can scale and
process the output, but I'd rather not use these as they
are already in use for other tasks.

Ian.