Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at
Fri Nov 28 15:23:05 CST 2008

Christian Corti wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Tony Duell wrote:
>> OK, but IDE bus interface cards do exist. Meaning cards that link ISA
>> (or whatever) bus to an IDE drive. For ISA, it's little more than an
>> address decoder and buffers (I happen to be using one in this PC).
> Right, that's what I've called an IDE HBA (host-bus-adapter).

You're mixing your terminology.  A bus doesn't really come into play here.

Peace...  Sridhar

More information about the cctech mailing list