Vinyl Data- Classic Computers / Indie music tricks crossover

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Thu Oct 2 09:07:34 CDT 2008

Jules Richardson <jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> writes:

> (My brain wants to say it transmitted as part of the Teletext signal
> for use with the various Teletext adapters - Morley, Acorn etc. - but
> I'm not certain).

Yup -- the Advanced Teletext System manual refers to it as
"telesoftware". There's a PDF of the ATS manual here containing some
screenshots and a brief description of how the data was transmitted:

  http://www.astro.ljmu.ac.uk/~bbcdocs/hardware/ATS_Handbook.zip

Mike Brown's web pages have lots of pictures of the Ceefax Telesoftware
service, and the text of the shutdown notice:

  http://teletext.mb21.co.uk/gallery/ceefax/telesoftware/

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>