TU-58s (was Re: Some progress with my PDP-11/73 system)

Allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 2 11:04:50 CDT 2008

I still have a small 11/23 in a BDV11-VA shoebox with a pair of Tu58s,
with 256k of ram it boots RT-11 in about a minute and longer (about
10minutes) from there to copy it to VM: and reboot from there to save on
running tape for small things.

If it took a luch time then the user never read teh chapter on using the
TU58 and there is a note on how to optimize that.

Allison