Unusual software carriers. (Was :Vinyl Data- Classic Computers )

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:46:00 CDT 2008

Pete Turnbull wrote:
> On 08/10/2008 01:47, Andrew Burton wrote:
>> I remember Tomorrows World (and various presenters... Philippa
>> Forrester, Judith someone, Howard Stableford etc.) and having various
>> things demonstrated on it.
>
> Judith Hann.  I don't remember Philippa Forrester being on it but I do
> remember Maggie Philbin.

Hmm, I remember Judith, Maggie and Howard. I think the show had seriously gone
downhill by the Phillipa days (early 90s?) - less about the science and
technology behind the features, and more about dazzling people with glitzy
effects (same thing that happened to Horizon and all the others).

> Perhaps the flashing-square software was in the earlier era of Raymond
> Baxter and James Burke (which I also remember).

Sounds like that might have been a bit too early, though. I think Raymond
Baxter left in the mid-late 70s, and there likely wouldn't have been enough
home machines around then to justify the flashing-square feature. I'd guess at
it being early-80s.

cheers

Jules