Code reviewers sought for Lilith emulator.

Ray Arachelian ray at arachelian.com
Mon Oct 13 11:11:47 CDT 2008

Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ wrote:
> Jos Dreesen / Marian Capel wrote:
>> Emulith, my ETH / Diser Lilith emulator is nearly complete.
>>

>> However I would really appriciate if someone with a good grasp
>> of X11/xlib programming could have a look at the sourcecode.
>
> Don't use xlib.  Use a real toolkit.  You're wasting a lot of time in
> both reinventing old wheels and in code terms by handling stuff that's
> already dealt with by nice quick libraries...

Seconded.  Go with something like wxWidgets or QT-4.

I wasted many months reinventing the wheel, yes it's cool to write stuff
raw in xlib, but it is a huge waste of time in the end.
I had to rip out all that junk and redo it properly, and I don't regret
that at all.  Grab the wxWidgets book and go to town, you'll never look
back.