PDX surplus stores was: Great day at Tek

Paxton Hoag innfoclassics at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 00:15:20 CDT 2008

> I assume he means the "Tek Country Store" which has operated in various
> locations since at least the early 70's.  Last I heard it is somewhere on
> the Beaverton Tek Campus (is that the only one left?), and is only open once
> a month.  I for one would love to know the current info on it.

It is the Tektronix surplus store, generally selling surplus of what
they use not what they make.

Sounds like I have to go back also. I used to enjoy the store, the
wait before the door opens, the polite run and exploring the stuff.

A quick google search brought up this on  the Portland robotics web site.

Tektronix Country Store
Beaverton Campus Building 38 Loading Dock (East side of building).
503-627-6769
Public Hours: 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 2-4pm
www.tek.com/ir/bv_map.html

People start lining up before opening to get the best stuff (including
the commercial surplus store owners). Now including Tek equipment for
sale, too!

When I did it I was one of those commercial surplus store
owners..........And they mention test equipment has been added.

Another store on the Robotics list is:

SurplusGizmos
5797 NW Cornelius Pass Road
Hillsboro Oregon 97124
Warehouse: 503-439-1249
Mobile: 503-345-9187

Hours:
Wednesday and Friday 11am to 6pm
Saturday 11am to 5pm
surplusgizmos.com

Surplus stuff with an online store.

Anyone been there? I have yet to make it.

Paxton

--
Paxton Hoag
Astoria, OR