Transputer-based stuff on ebay

Andrew Back andy at smokebelch.org
Tue Oct 21 05:56:58 CDT 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Göran Axelsson wrote:

> Financial Engineer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am moving and hence I need to sell some of my transputer hardware, books,
>> and other stuff since space is limited..  In the coming weeks, I am going
>> post a ton of stuff on ebay..Check out the current stuff at:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260303159467
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Fin Engineer
>>

> Transputers... that brings me back ... 15 years. Waiting for the T9000 in
> vain. The only thing I ever saw was the data book and the cad drawing I made.
>
> Was there ever any samples out that real people could get their hands on? I
> would like to finally get a chip of that processor.

Yep. I once saw a very cute little purple (IIRC) desktop cube, sized
perhaps between a Mac Cube and a NeXT Cube. Made by Parsys I believe, and
so could well be as mentioned in this PR:

http://www.cbronline.com/news/parsys_has_desktop_t9000_parallel_transputer_lines

Cheers,

Andrew

(who is still looking for software for his Meiko Computing Surface)