PCjr Telnet Server test (again)

Michael B. Brutman mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com
Fri Oct 24 23:22:50 CDT 2008

I'm getting ready for the 25h anniversary of the PCjr announcement on
Nov 1st.  I plan to have the machine up and running serving as an
'electronic' guestbook for anybody who wants to look at it.

If anybody wants to preview it and help me test it (again), it is
running.  Just telnet to 97.86.233.68.

Since the last series of tests I've:

- Added user registration and passwords
- Added a session timeout
- Added a 'leave a comment' feature
- Fixed a major bug in the TCP reset segment handling code
- Added a 'memdump' command so that you and peek at me in realtime
- Recognize ASCII 127 (Rubout) as well as ASCII 8 (DEL) for editing
- And quite a few other miscellaneous changes.

I didn't do much with the telnet option negotiation.  It should be
usable by common Linux and Windows clients.  It did pretty well with
other telnet clients last time, but I didn't get around to things like
auto-login or anything specific to terminal types.

The code is around 80KB in size, which includes all of the TCP/IP stack.
  RAM utilization is a bit higher - most of it is buffer space.  It has
sockets and buffers available for 10 simultaneous users; I'm kind of
curious to see how it holds up.  (Tracing is at a minimum to speed it
up, but it is still a 4.77Mhz machine.)

Oh, and while you are on, don't forget to leave a comment!

Thanks in advance,
Mike