AT&T UNIX PC - Need to hack user/password for access

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 22:12:32 CDT 2008

Totaly different machine, but I hacked a SGI Personal Iris I bought from Compaq this way:
Piped the drive out the serial port to a PC (boot rom feature)
found the /passwd dir
took the encrypted string and rinsed it thru a program, 'john the ripper'
with a dictionary kosdict
It came back in a day of crunching on a 2 Ghz Machine with the password
it was 'annamarie' but typed as if you moved your home keys up one.
John searches for stuff like this.
The SGI had the chicago source on it.
Fun
Randy