AT&T UNIX PC - Need to hack user/password for access

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Oct 26 06:57:47 CDT 2008

Rik Bos wrote:

> [...]

As I understand it there was no 'standard' format for ST-506/ST-412
formats.  It varied from chip to chip/controller to controller/
implementation to implementation....  I'm not sure what specifically
differed.... but even from PC to PC, the one or two times I attempted
to do it didn't work (different brand/model controllers).

I suppose that it the PC MFM controller used the same chip that the
AT&T 3B1/UnixPC used you would stand a chance, otherwise,
doubtful.

Anyone care to confirm/deny ?

-- Curt