Help with Sun video

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Oct 28 02:40:11 CDT 2008

> [...] I've been battling to get my Sun Ultra-60 video switchable
> through a Belkin 8-port KVM switch.  [...]

In case it helps, I have a Belkin 8-port (might even be the same model
as yours) and my impression is that the KVM's idea of whether something
is connected is driven off voltage on the keyboard connector.  For
example, if I have the KVM switched to a machine and everything's
working, then I pull the keyboard connector, the relay clicks and the
video goes away, even though I haven't touched the video connections.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org