Looking for a ST419

jeff.kaneko at juno.com jeff.kaneko at juno.com
Wed Oct 29 17:56:13 CDT 2008

Geez, the 419 was uncommon, even in it's own time.  And then,
most of the ones I saw didn't work.  If you don't mind 'wasting'
part of the drive, I would think just about any 6-headed mfm
drive would work.

There's some difference (which I have been unable to quantify)
between different models of MFM drives (of equal or similar
geometry) that allows some drives to work in some applications,
but not others.

If there's anyone out there intimately familiar with the
ST-506/412 interface, now would be a good time to offer
some suggestions as to why this is so.

-- Jos Dreesen / Marian Capel <jos.mar at bluewin.ch> wrote:
I am in the market for a known working ST419 MFM disk

System software forces me to the 306 Cyl / 6 Heads format (@ 32 256-byte sectors )

Location : Switzerland .

		Jos Dreesen

Get the party started with a huge selection of quality party supplies. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3lzvGedBaI1hnMJrqILfEueSSmE3OdO7ScuemGp0mfNPpgA2/?count=1234567890