Free Linux and OpenOffice - even if your email address doesn't

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 15:54:32 CDT 2008

> If I carry my own machine, and only use theirs as a terminal, I frankly
> don't CARE what software platform they pick.

Well, I do if I either have to fix it myself (unlikely) or if it's so
broken it can't even be used as a termianl. About 10 years ago I made the
mistake of trying to use the terminal emolator that came with the
then-current version of Windows (I forget which it was) -- not on any of
my machines I hasten to add -- and the VT100 mode was so broken that I
couldn't use any full-screen editor on any unix or VMS machine that I
tried.