PCjr Telnet Server Test

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 10:06:10 CDT 2008

Philip Pemberton wrote:
> I did come up with one "nice to have" -- is there any chance of adding a
> prompt character/string to it, say "pcjr> " or similar? Just that I
> thought it had fallen over after the MOTD until I typed "help<CR>" and
> it actually *worked*...

Yeah, that 'bit' me, too.

Re. testing, is there any way to write something that runs on remote systems
and just hammers the network stack / telnet interface on the PCjr, or does
nothing like that exist already? It seems like so many TCP/IP stacks have been
written for various machines over the years that it surprises me nobody's come
up with a solution for automating some of the testing.

cheers

Jules