a new BBS...

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 13:04:53 CDT 2008

> On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Tony Duell wrote:
> > I doubt you'll find valve rectifiers and the 'shunt stabiliser triode' in
> > any computer monitor, though ;-)
>
> And what about a DY802 in a Telefunken SIG100 computer graphics terminal?
> But admittedly it dates from the early 70s. And there's no PD500 of
> course.

OK, I didn't know about that one. I assume it's a monochrome unit (the
DY802 won;'t supply enough current for a colour CRT (except possibly as a
focus rectifier [1])), in which case there's no real need for EHT
stabilisation.

[1] At least one colur TV in Europe, I think it was the Philips G6
chassis, used an EY51 for the focus rectifier, along with the normal
GY501 for the final anode.