SCSI to IDE bridges...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Sep 25 10:57:05 CDT 2008

On 25 Sep 2008 at 7:46, Doc Shipley wrote:

>    I don't know, although I would bet on the CF card handling more
> cycles than an 8" floppy.  I thought you were talking about currently
> available media, and that's not even a contest.

No, it's a really practical question.  Overall, would CF operating as
in the new primary mass storage device a system that was floppy-only,
provide the same service life as a floppy?  Think machine tools,
textile equipment, CNC tools, lab equipment, etc.

What's the failure mode of CF?  Is it "all at once" or "bits and
pieces" like a floppy?

Cheers,
Chuck