HP9836C colour alignment (grey scale tracking)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 16:06:04 CDT 2008

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Tony Duell wrote:
> > There are basically 7 adjustments -- gain and cutoff for the 3 video
> > amplifiers and the 1st anode voltage ('screen grid' across the Pond, in
> > the UK we call everything after the cathode and control grid an 'anode',
> > in the States, you have the cathode, several grids and one (final)
> > anode).
> Well, apparently only in Great Britain since in Germany, we call that 
> 'screen grid', too. Only the final anode is called anode.

Waht, even in CRTs?

In the UK, the electrodes of a pentode -- a signal ampiifying valve are : 
cathode, control grid, screen grid, supressor grid, anode.

But for a CRT they're cathode, (control) grid, first anod, second (or 
focus) anode, somethimes third anode and final anode.

> All other electrodes in a normal tube besides the cathode are called 
> 'control grid' (or just grid), 'screen grid', 'supressor grid' and so on. 

Are you seriously saying that in Germany, the focus electrode in a CRT is 
called a 'supressor grid'?


More information about the cctech mailing list