HP9836C colour alignment (grey scale tracking)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Sun Sep 28 16:35:21 CDT 2008

On Sunday 28 September 2008 13:20, Tony Duell wrote:
> For those wondering what the current state of this monitor is, I've
> cleaned up all the case parts and put it back together. It still works
> (so I didn't do any damage taking it apart), although there are still red
> fringes to the right of (say) white objects.

If it were a convergence problem you'd see fringes of the opposite color
(cyan?) on the opposite side of the screen objects.  Since you don't mention
these I'm assuming that it's not the case.

> I am not sure if this is a convergence problem or due to the change in video
> amplifier response due to that open-circuit 12.4k resistor which I've not
> replaced yet

I'd change that out and go ahead and see what it looks like.

> (I wanted to make sure the monitor still worked after I'd finished pulling
> it about before changing anything).

Well,  I wouldn't worry too much about the beam current and all that stuff --
change the resistor out and see what you end up with!

-
M Dakin