Xerox 820-II Questions

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 20:06:33 CDT 2009

I just won an 820-II on eBay, but the seller lost the external drive box
(hard disk + 8" floppy).  Judging by the schematic, it should be very
straightforward to interface one of my floppy drives to it (I have a bunch
of Shugart, Seimens and Tandon units).

The hard drive I'm less sure about.  Looks like a proprietary interface of
some sort.  Can anyone tell me more about it?

Does anyone have a spare 820-II drive enclosure they'd like to part with?

Lastly, will Imagedisk support creation of a system disk on an 8" drive
attached to a Compaticard IV?

Steve