What kind of IC is this

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 23:50:03 CDT 2009

> Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:44:18 -0700
> Subject: Re: What kind of IC is this
> From: glen.slick at gmail.com
> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Jim Battle wrote:
>> Philip Pemberton wrote:
>>> Roy J. Tellason wrote:
>>>> "One of the celebrated things Widlar did was to put a "hassler" in his
>>>> office.2 When a person came in to his office and spoke loudly, this circuit
>>>> would detect the audio, convert the audio to a very high audio frequency,
>>>> and play back this converted sound.
>>> [snip]
>>>> I *want* one of these...!
>>> It was published in Electronic Design magazine:
>>> "What's All This Hassler Stuff, Anyhow?" (Pease Porridge)
>>> Pease, Bob
>>> Electronic Design, May 15, 1995
>>> I've got a (signed!) copy of the article here. Five op-amps (1x LMC6484,
>>> LM837 or similar + 1x LM301A), two transistors (jellybeans), a handful of Rs
>>> and Cs, half a dozen 1N914 diodes, a tweeter (Radioshack 40-1383 or similar
>>> -- 2x6" piezo horn tweeter) and a microphone (Radioshack 270-090 or similar
>>> -- basically a cheap PCB-mount electret element).
>> http://electronicdesign.com/Globals/PlanetEE/Content/3080.html
> Saw this in the news today:
> Departure of chip-design legend Bob Pease prompts outpouring in valley
> http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12167632
 I found it interesting but I do know what a LM337 is.
I've had the honor to have lunch with Bob once.
Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage.  

More information about the cctech mailing list