DEC VT05 with OS/8 -- System handler?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Apr 30 17:19:17 CDT 2009

Philipp Hachtmann <hachti at hachti.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just try to get a VT05 working with my PDP-8/e.
> Having a tuned KL8E interface at 2400 baud.
>
> I need fill characters....
> Found a KL8E.PA in the OS/8 V3D sources. It is a two page handler and works.
> But how do I get my system to use it as terminal handler? Or is there another one?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Philipp  :-)

You need to use BUILD to make a new system image, with your device
driver included. However, you also need to understand many programs do
I/O to the console without going through that device driver, but talks
directly with the console.
So it might be that there is no easy solution to your problem.

	Johnny