Disc reader project -- quick status update

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Wed Dec 9 00:07:20 CST 2009

Al Kossow wrote:
> Did you ever try anything with the data separator algorithm you had come
> across after you stopped working on it? Do you recall where it was?
I was using a DPLL.  For problem disks, I used measurements from tracks
that read OK to tweak the DPLL parameters for tracks with issues, and
that sometimes helped.

The code was on a hard drive that crashed.  :-(

It wasn't very fancy code, and I hadn't spent all that much time on it,
so I don't think it would be all that hard to recreate it.

Eric