HP-IB disc drive emulation program available

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Tue Dec 8 23:42:05 CST 2009

On Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 10:40, Christian Corti wrote:

> ...I want a headless system running UNIX/Linux with NFS mounted
> filesystems which would contain the image files.

I think that a Win9x system could be set up to run the emulator after
bootup via a shortcut in the "Startup" directory.  I don't know if the BIOS
would let you get away without a keyboard, but you shouldn't need a
monitor.  That might be close enough.

> Or even a DOS system....

Win9x is pretty much a DOS system....  ;-)

> RTE-6/VM and HP-UX would be the systems I'd like to use the emulator
> for.

I haven't tried HP-UX, but RTE-6/VM works fine with the emulator.

                                      -- Dave