DEC Server 200/MC

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Dec 14 02:17:25 CST 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:45:21 -0000
"Rod Smallwood" <rodsmallwood at btconnect.com> wrote:

> However what would be really nice is to hook up a DECServer 200/mc to
> convert an incoming Telnet call to a port emulating a modem.
AFAIK and IIRC the DECserver 200 does not support this feature. (Isn't
the '200 LAT only?) The later DECserver 700 should be able to do this.

I use a "no name" terminal server for remote console access of
developement machines. Telnet to a speciffic TCP port opens a serial
connection to the console of the machine. DTR / DSR of the terminal
server changes level when a connection is active. I use this to switch
on the developement machine via a solid state relais. So it should not
be impossible to achieve what you need.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen