2732 eproms.

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 27 13:08:54 CST 2009

On 27 Dec 2009 at 10:42, Guy Sotomayor wrote:

> Unless you're really cramped for space, why not create a "custom" chip
>  carrier?  Use one of the SMT packages (vs DIP).  Many of the Ramtron
> parts are marketed as replacements for RAM+battery so I suspect that
> you'd run the same problem with that solution too.

Given that this involves EPROMs, why not spend the $5 or so for a new
one, program it and forget about it?  I don't understand that there
would be any sort of positive ROI  in this particular application.  I
can see the benefit of MRAM or FRAM where the data changes often, but
this doesn't appear to be such an application.

--Chuck