Coleco Adam name?

Matthew Reed mkr at trs-80.org
Tue Dec 29 20:19:41 CST 2009

Evan Koblentz wrote:

>> Anyone know the background / meaning of Coleco's "Adam" name?
>>
> PS - I should have mentioned the "bite out of Apple" story in my first
> post.  A million web sites claim that to be fact, but nobody ever cites
> PROOF .... it's always, "I heard," or "My friend's sister's brother
> worked at a Coleco reseller and he says" ..... the story is urban legend
> until someone can prove it or authoritatively state they were involved
> in the decision.

I don't know if there was any truth behind the "bite out of Apple"
story, but it was mentioned in news reports as early as 1985. As far as
capitalization goes, any contemporary news articles I've seen in the
magazines Byte, InfoWorld, Creative Computing, and 80 Micro always
referred to it as the Adam.

--
Matthew Reed
http://www.trs-80.org