speaking of 3.5" floppies, is 720K R.I.P.?

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Wed Feb 4 17:59:14 CST 2009

On Wednesday (02/04/2009 at 11:58AM -0800), Chris Halarewich wrote:
> you might try here
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16821103116
> according 2 what i can find it will do 720

Well, they CLAIM to do 720.  I actually ordered the SAMSUNG units from
Newegg, after studying the very datasheet for the drives and confirming
they would do 720...  only to receive them and find that the design is
not what the datasheet claims.  That's my sad story :-)

So, I guess it's spin the wheel and see if Sony has or hasn't decided
to leave the 14 picocents worth of parts off the thing to maximize the
margin on that $7 product.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist