ISO older PROMICE manuals

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:59:59 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have copies of the various revisions of the Grammar Engine
> PROMICE? I have a manual for a really early version of the device, and
> have a few of them of various vintages made in the 90's which neither
> match my manual, or the current versions.

Yes.  I have a couple of PROMice units (one c. 2003, one much older)
and a ROMulator.  Grammar Engine is here in Columbus (in a suburb,
really), and I've known Arvind Rana for 25 years (he was the designer
of the original model Software Results Corp. COMBOARD, as a bit of
trivia).

Let me know what model you have and I'll dig out my old box when I can
get to the place where it's at.

I should have source for the VMS versions of the software close at
hand, too.  We used G-E's products for late COMBOARD firmware
development and traded favors back and forth all the time (like
providing space and time on the VAX so G-E could maintain a VMS
version of the code).

-ethan