PDP-8/e rack questions

Rick Bensene rickb at bensene.com
Tue Jan 6 11:36:27 CST 2009

Dave McGuire helpfully wrote:

>    Those are definitely not PDP-8/e rack slides.  I pulled mine out a
> bit and took some pics:
>
>    http://www.neurotica.com/misc/pdp8e-rack-slides-1.jpg
>    http://www.neurotica.com/misc/pdp8e-rack-slides-2.jpg
>
>    Every rack-mounted PDP-8/e I've seen has had slides like this.
> These slides were made by ChassisTrak.

I went and looked at the slides on my PDP-8/e in a standard DEC
full-height rack, and they are identical (down to the labels) to those
shown in the pix that Dave took.  The 8/e system that I have (8/e, PC04
reader/punch, 1 RK05, 1 RX02, 2 serial ports, Timeshare/Memory
Expansion, 16K Core, 8K MOS memory) is original as configured by DEC, so
I'm sure that the slides for the 8/e are the correct ones.

Rick Bensene
The Old Calculator Museum
http://oldcalculatormuseum.com