29F512 flash memory

Jeff Walther trag at io.com
Fri Jan 9 12:21:27 CST 2009

> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:11:31 -0500
> From: "Danny Pham" <dpham at americanalphainc.com>

> I'm using ChipMax programmer to flash EPROM 29F512 and for some reasons,
> it
> doesn't flash the program. Is there anything that you think I'm doing
> something wrong? Please give me some advises.

Are your chips DIP or PLCC?  I ask because if you are using PLCC chips
with an adapter, you may have the wrong adapter.  The pinout relationship
between DIP and PLCC is different for the 512Kb chips than it is for the 1
Mb chips.  So a 32 pin PLCC to DIP adapter for 1 Mb flash will not work
with 32 pin PLCC 512Kb chip.

If it's not that, I can't help you.  I'm not familiar with the ChipMax.  I
use a Needham.

Oh, in general, make sure you have the correct make and manufacturer
specified.  Some of the Flash chips have a reset pin which must be tied
high or they won't operate.   Others don't, so getting the proper make and
model selected in your software can be essential to getting your
programmer to handle the reset pin properly (if present).

Jeff Walther