Dr. Dobbs to cease?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Fri Jan 9 17:00:33 CST 2009

John Foust wrote:

>http://ztrek.blogspot.com/2008/12/dr-dobbs-soon-to-become-monthly-section.html

sad, but not surprising.  it was getting thinner and thinner.

I remember the first few newsprint editions.  It inspired me to stop by
the PCC on a trip out to the west coast.  I'll never forget the pilot
interpreter written in basic, the source printed for anyone to read.  I
found it inspiring at the time.

I'm going to miss the last page.  Almost as much fun as reading Mac the
knife in MacWeek or Cringely's column (or worse, being *in* them :-)
Michael Swaine was always fun to talk to at parties.

-brad