xenix redux (or, how to bring back a dead xenix pc)

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:21:45 CST 2009

Adam Sampson wrote:
> Jules Richardson <jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I always intended to rewrite that script as a more useful C program,
>> but haven't yet got the tuits together...
>
> Something like this?
>
>   http://offog.org/darcs/misccode/pcat.c

Yep :)

 > It could really do with some options, though...

I think that's why I never quite got those tuits together... my script was a
quick hack that I could edit to tweak params, rather than something with full
CLI-parsing, help etc.

I suppose there's a lot could be done with logging and features like changing
the 'pad' byte, track zeroing/re-seeking upon bad reads, optionally swapping
byte pairs etc.

cheers

Jules