VT-100 BNC jacks

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 08:24:48 CST 2009

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, Francesca C. Smith <fsmith at ladylinux.com> wrote:

> The problem is the small size of the tube actually. Now the
> part that is broke
> is the neck. I am thinking maybe I can find a smaller CRT
> from a scope or so
> to replace it. But that would be after I tear this thing
> apart since the label
> for the crt itself is of course upside down and blocked by
> the flyback/scan
> board. I do see a E C as a possible company name on it.

What's the size of the tube? The real VT100 had a 12" tube, but I don't know about your VT100 clone. You should be able to rob a tube from another terminal, or a portable B&W TV set and replace it. If it's a 9" tube, hunt down an old security monitor. A scope tube isn't going to work - those use drastically different deflection angles (and in some cases electrostatic deflection).

-Ian