Thrift store score: HP LJ4L

Vernon Wright vern4wright at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 11:43:14 CST 2009

You are lucky; the thrift stores I inhabit here in San Diego won't sell if there isn't a price tag. They hold it to the next day and price it overnight...which is a BIG bore if I really want it and have to come back the next day - which won't be seniors 50% off day, of course :)

The coup I recall is the TI microLaser Win/4 I picked up at a thrift store closing for a dollar. It had been at $7, and $15 before that; I figured I could take a chance at a cuppa coffee price. It was incompatible with Linux, and Windoze except for 95 AND XP! Funny that long list of releases no one ever wrote a driver for, and then to do it for XP. Anyway, it had a good toner and innards and has served perfectly well for about three years.

Vern Wright