EPROM erase times and lifespan

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jan 29 12:51:33 CST 2009

On 29 Jan 2009 at 11:11, Dave Dunfield wrote:

> ... I ripped the timer out of a dryer we were disposing of and made it
> an integral part of my eraser.

I just use one of those clockwork lightswitch-timers that are used to
turn off the lights when you're just getting to a critical piece of
code. :)

Good idea with salvaged appliance timers, though.

Your mention of the clothes dryer jogged an old neuron.  My first
EPROM eraser was made from a coffee can and an "ozone lamp" from a
clothes dryer.  I haven't seen one of those is decades, however.

Cheers,
Chuck