Replacing failed powersupplies on qbus PDP-11s

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 12:51:37 CST 2009

> On 30 Jan 2009 at 16:41, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
>
> > Eh?  Why would it do that?
>
> Read about it:
>
> http://www.smpstech.com/filter00.htm
>
> Interestingly, the real-world example cited is the addition of an=20
> input filter to a PDP 11/40...

Which would be curious if true, since no standard PDP11/40 used an SMPSU.
Switching _regulators_, sure, but the PSU starts with a large
mains-frequency transofrmer, which is not going to have much of an HF
response.

Howev,er I read the article as that the author had run some simulation
software on an 11/40 to study the preformace of another PSU. And that
makes a lot mroe sense.