IBM 5150 PC

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jul 8 23:33:59 CDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Brian Lanning wrote:
> about finding a new version of DOS (3.3) since debug had an assembler!
>  Debug in 2.1 would only unassemble.  I managed to make a bootable 3.3

Strange.
I've used the DEBUG assembly capability in every version of PC-DOS, and
most versions of MS-DOS.

On some OEM versions of MS-DOS, MASM was included; on some, including
PC-DOS, MASM was a separate product.

Was the Seattle Computer Products assembler ever available commercially?
It was nice to not have the almost COBOL level of overhead when writing
very tiny programs.